- 4-hour food and wine tour of Waiheke Island with round-trip ferry service from Auckland
- Guided tour and tasting at three of Waiheke Island's vineyards: Stonyridge, Wild on Waiheke and Mudbrick
- Visit Stonyridge Vineyard for a tour, tasting and lunch
- Taste olives and award-winning olive oil at Rangihoua Estate
- Explore Waiheke Island at your leisure with a complimentary all-day bus pass provided to you at the end of your tour
- Includes round-trip ferry tickets from Auckland
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Upon arrival at the island, you’ll be greeted by your tour driver and taken by air-conditioned coach to Stonyridge Vineyard, one of Waiheke’s first wineries and a specialist in Bordeaux-style red wines. Enjoy a tour of the vineyard followed by a wine tasting and light lunch.
After lunch, you’ll head to the award-winning Rangihoua Estate for a tasting of their olive oils. See the olive orchards and a demonstration of harvesting techniques, then learn about the process of making extra virgin olive oil. Finally you’ll sample a variety of olive oils in the estate’s tasting room.
Next you’ll move on to Wild On Waiheke, a vineyard that also makes micro-brewed beers and showcases locally produced olive oils and preserves. You’ll be offered samples of their wines, beers, olive oil and preserves during your visit.
The last stop on your tour takes you to Mudbrick Vineyard, a winery and restaurant with stunning views overlooking the Hauraki Gulf. Savor the final wine sampling amid lush gardens and vineyards.
At the end of the tour you’ll have the option to return with the tour bus to the wharf for a late-afternoon ferry ride back to Auckland. Alternatively, you can choose to stay on the island and return at your leisure. You’ll be provided with a complimentary All Day Bus Pass that allows you to further explore Waiheke Island on the public bus. Ferries to Auckland run until late in the evening; check the schedule for details. You may not want to leave after you get a taste of the fine food and wine of Waiheke!
The tour is great!
Excellent well organized tour. Professionally managed but lots of fun and laughs. As a NZ Gold Card hHolder though, I wasn't told that I didn't have to pay for the ferry from Auckland to Waiheke. Staff at the terminal had to inform me. But it was good value anyway.