A thirty minute flight by light plane over the sparkling waters of the Hauraki Gulf brings you to majestic Great Barrier Island. After breakfast at a local cafe take an easy half hour walk on tracks and boardwalks past giant Nikau palms and rare native flora and fauna over unique wetlands to the Kaitoke natural thermal springs.
- Be surrounded by natural beauty on this Great Barrier Island day trip from Auckland
- Includes return flights from Auckland to Great Barrier Island
- Relax and swim on a pristine deserted beach
- Enjoy a picnic lunch
- See rare native flora and fauna including the giant Nikau Palms
- Climb to the top of Windy Canyon for breathtaking views
- Local guide
What You Can Expect
This unforgettable day is rounded off with a climb to the top of Windy Canyon, a spectacular short walk. The path winds around rocky outcrops and past sheer cliffs coated with rata vines and takes in breathtaking views of the island and beyond.
This unique small group tour operator is a Qualmark Endorsed Visitor Activity and provides expert guided eco-tours in the greater Auckland region - a company delivering a quality product focusing on the natural and cultural heritage of the area. Winner of the New Zealand 2007 Small Tourism Business Operator Award