- Half-day tour of Rangitoto Island, from Auckland
- Explore Rangitoto Island and learn about its volcanic past on a 4WD tour of the island
- Journey through the world's largest Pohutukawa forest and rugged lava terrain en route to Rangitoto's summit
- Get stunning 360-degree views of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf from the top of Rangitoto
- Includes round-trip ferry ticket from Auckland
- Inculdes round-trip ferry ticket from Auckland
Recent Photos of This Tour
- I Made it to the TopPhoto by: Robert K
- The LighthousePhoto by: Robert K
- Views from the Tram are ...Photo by: Robert K
- From old to new: The CityPhoto by: Adrian S
- Harbour ViewPhoto by: Adrian S
- View 2Photo by: Adrian S
- The viewPhoto by: Adrian S
- The IslandPhoto by: Adrian S
- Rangitoto Island Explorer TourPhoto by: TANIA L
What You Can Expect
The Rangitoto Tour is the perfect way to visit that young volcanic island in a half-day. Although the 300 steps to the top is daunting for some, it is doable even at my age.
exactly as advertised. and a little off the beaten path.
it was wonderful to see a place kept protected and preserved for the later generation!!!!
An interesting way to spend the afternoon. Information on the island given by 'train' driver very interesting. The view from the islands summit was well with the 300 steps to get up to it. Wasn't sure whether I would manage the steps but they are very gradual and not too hard at all.
Excellent experience. Highly recommended. Be sure to understand that to get to the top requires about 300 stairs. Although these are organized into many smaller groupings with relatively flat boardwalks in between, it is a tiring climb up. But, well worth the view from the top!
Wonderful tour, great guide!
Great commentary from the guide. Recommend doing this as there was transport. You can walk around the island but you might risk missing the ferry. There are no shops on this island.
Beautiful Island! Definitely a must see.
Great trip out to the island and a memorable and informative tractor ride around and up the mountain. Our guide was great. Relaxed and sociable drive. Plenty of time to observe the volcanic landscape and a good hour to walk to the top to see the crater and then the views from the summit. A good amount of information at the gun emplacements. Experience very much helped by the weather. Plenty of time for photos.