- Day trip to the Hobbiton movie set from Auckland
- Enjoy a stop for morning tea en-route to Hobbiton
- See where Bilbo Baggins lived
- Pose for pictures outside the hobbit holes
- Enjoy a cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn (included)
- Have lunch at The Shire's Rest Cafe (included)
- Small-group limited to 25 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Arrive in Hobbiton, where your movie set tour begins. Explore the magical world of ‘the Shire’ as your guide entertains you with stories about the making of The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. See the hobbit holes, the mill and the double-arch bridge, the party tree and the Green Dragon Inn. Pose for pictures at the door of Bilbo Baggins’ house and see stunning views overlooking the largest ‘outdoor set’ in the world! Cross the double-arch bridge and enjoy a complimentary cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn.
After your tour of Hobbiton, enjoy lunch (included) at The Shire’s Rest Café before traveling back to Auckland.
The tour was so much fun! Our driver, Wayne, was very friendly and funny. Our tour guide, Sam, was very informative and professional and nice! Exploring the 'Shire' was great and is a must for all kinds of Tolkien fans! This tour provided a drink at the Green Dragon and light lunch, both were perfect and very delicious! I highly recommend this tour, and I definitely want to go again!!
Loved this trip. I was in NZ for three weeks and I took more photos at Hobbiton than the entire trip. Love this country!! Had a great day and an excellent driver. That bus had shonky gears and she handled it really well.