- Day trip to the Hobbiton movie set from Auckland
- Enjoy a stop for morning tea en-route to Hobbiton
- See where Bilbo Baggins lived
- Pose for pictures outside the hobbit holes
- Enjoy a cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn (included)
- Have lunch at The Shire's Rest Cafe (included)
- Small-group limited to 25 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Arrive in Hobbiton, where your movie set tour begins. Explore the magical world of ‘the Shire’ as your guide entertains you with stories about the making of The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. See the hobbit holes, the mill and the double-arch bridge, the party tree and the Green Dragon Inn. Pose for pictures at the door of Bilbo Baggins’ house and see stunning views overlooking the largest ‘outdoor set’ in the world! Cross the double-arch bridge and enjoy a complimentary cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn.
After your tour of Hobbiton, enjoy lunch (included) at The Shire’s Rest Café before traveling back to Auckland.
We really enjoyed the trip. It was relaxing and very entertaining. The village was very well done. I appreciate the farmer allowing the set to be placed there. You have an amazing country. The weather was also excellent. Your narration and guides were also very entertaining. I am very glad we did the tour with your company vs booking one with the cruise line.
Brenda Leake and Harry Adams
This tour was amazing.
Exceeded my expectations.
I don't "do" tours usually, but this was fantastic. Would go again in a heartbeat