- Day trip to the Hobbiton movie set from Auckland
- Stop for morning tea at the quaint English town of Cambridge
- See where Bilbo Baggins lived
- Pose for pictures outside the hobbit holes
- Enjoy lunch at The Shire's Rest Cafe (included)
- Small-group limited to 18 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Arrive in Hobbiton, where your movie set tour begins. Explore the magical world of ‘the Shire’ as your guide entertains you with stories about the making of The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. See the hobbit holes, the mill and the double-arch bridge, the party tree and the Green Dragon Inn. Pose for pictures at the door of Bilbo Baggins’ house and see stunning views overlooking the largest ‘outdoor set’ in the world!
After your tour of Hobbiton, enjoy lunch (included) at The Shire’s Rest Café before traveling back to Auckland.
I am not a Hobbit fan. We booked because my partner loves it BUT even people who aren't Hobbit fans would love this! I couldn't believe the attention to detail and it made me want to go back and watch the films again. My only regret was the lunch which is included couldn't have been actually in The Green Dragon Pub.
Wonderful!!! We loved it! The tour guide, Tony, was so friendly and knowledgable. The day was beautiful.. The place is awesome. We had time to take many nice pictures and enjoy the Green Dragon cider. and the Shire lunch.