- Day trip to the Hobbiton movie set from Auckland
- Stop for morning tea at the quaint English town of Cambridge
- See where Bilbo Baggins lived
- Pose for pictures outside the hobbit holes
- Enjoy a cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn (included)
- Have lunch at The Shire's Rest Cafe (included)
- Small-group limited to 25 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Arrive in Hobbiton, where your movie set tour begins. Explore the magical world of ‘the Shire’ as your guide entertains you with stories about the making of The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. See the hobbit holes, the mill and the double-arch bridge, the party tree and the Green Dragon Inn. Pose for pictures at the door of Bilbo Baggins’ house and see stunning views overlooking the largest ‘outdoor set’ in the world! Cross the double-arch bridge and enjoy a complimentary cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn.
After your tour of Hobbiton, enjoy lunch (included) at The Shire’s Rest Café before traveling back to Auckland.
Great experience. Left early in the morning so we avoided big crowds and was able to get photos of Hobbition without people in them. Our driver was very friendly and had a great knowledge of New Zealand. She even stopped on the way back so we could get ice cream! The tour itself in Hobbition was fantastic, our guide's knowledge was immense. Highly recommended experience.
The whole thing was well planned throughout. The driver/guide was very competent, amusing, helpful and friendly. The tour itself far exceeded expectations and can only be described as incredible. Great value.