- Full-day trip to the bird sanctuary on Tiritiri Matangi Island from Auckland
- See some of New Zealand’s rarest birds and wildlife in a natural and protected environment
- Look for the island’s endangered native birds including the New Zealand robin, saddleback and takahe
- Join a 1.5-hour guided walk to learn about the bird life and history of Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Have plenty of free time to walk the island’s peaceful trails at your leisure
- Marvel at the island’s recovery from deforestation, one of the world’s most successful volunteer conservation projects
- Enjoy informative displays and complimentary coffee and tea at the Visitor’s Center
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
This was a terrific trip! Great birding, great scenery, great guiding, great companionship. I am only sorry that I am 6000 miles away!
Excellant guide great hike and lots of birds and vegetation to see.
This was a great experience. Only negative was our volunteer lead who walked way too fast.
A magical day. I'm not a birder, but from other reviews decided to go anyhow. It's so much more than birds. It left me with a renewed spirit of conservation and the important of protection of our planet.
Very good tour for nature lovers. A guided tour on Tiritiri is highly recommended. It provides a lot of information and helps to put things into the proper context.
This was the most memorable thing I did in New Zealand. I highly recommend this trip to Tiritiri Mantangi..
I would highly recommend this trip.
Lovely laid back walk.
I learnt so much! Our guide was friendly, knowledgable and best of all passionate about the work being done on the island.
Great - beautiful views and saw lots of birds. Got lots of wonderful pictures!
Probably my most favorite part of our whole two-week trip - and I'm not even a bird watcher! The island was beautiful - go on a sunny day! Two days before it was raining so I'd wait to book the trip until getting there. They instructed us to take our lunch in a hard plastic container so I specially brought a large Tupperware cereal container all the way from the U.S. with things packed inside but it still took up a lot of room and then a lot of people were bringing in their sandwiches in plastic bags so THAT wasn't cool! Go by the rules or don't have the rules!
All I can say is that it was excellent and we're looking forward to the next one on the list - won't be long.