- Gain exclusive, early access to the Hobbiton Movie Set
- Arrive at the Hobbiton Movie Set before the crowds to be one of the first groups on set
- Pose for pictures outside Bag End
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast at the Green Dragon Inn
- On your way back to your hotel, stop for Hokey Pokey ice cream at Pokeno
- Private round-trip transport in an air-conditioned mini-coach
- Small group limited to 18 people to ensure a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set is a must, whether you're a 'The Lord of the Rings' fan or not. On this tour you'll arrive on set early to avoid the crowds, walk around the set as part of a small group, and access areas that are normally off-limits to other tour groups.
What You Can Expect
One thing you won’t get out your guide? Whether or not the five hobbit holes you visit will appear in two upcoming films for the current The Hobbit series. Ogle the round doors and windows of the Smials that are not open to visit during the regular tours. This is the only way to see the latest in hobbit architecture!
Smile big for a photo outside Bag End, and then head to an epic breakfast at the Green Dragon Inn. The meal includes morning staples such as scrambled eggs, bacon and fruit, in addition to creamy mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and a specially made breakfast mince.
After your tour of Hobbiton Movie Set, hop in your provided transport to head back to your Auckland hotel. Along the way, you will stop for a scoop of New Zealand’s signature Hokey Pokey ice cream at Pokeno. The world-famous vanilla ice cream is packed with clumps of honeycomb toffee — a sweet way to end your day.