- Day trip to Waiheke Island and zipline adventure from Auckland
- Take a 25-minute tour of Waiheke by minivan
- Fly over the forest with three zipline flights
- Explore the native bushland on an interpretive forest walk
- Learn about Waiheke's natural environment and conservation from a professional guide
- Choice of two morning departure times
- Small-group tour with a maximum 10 passengers ensures a more personalized experience
Enjoy a 25-minute mini-tour of Waiheke en route to the visitor center at Trig Hill, where you’ll have fabulous views from one of the island’s highest points, taking in panoramas of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf.
Then check in, grab your safety gear, and make your way to the first viewing platform for your three exciting 655-foot (200-meter) zipline flights. With a maximum of 10 zipline participants, you'll receive personal attention from your expert guide. After an instructional briefing, you’ll be safely attached to the zipline by a full-body harness.
To ease you into the zipline experience gently, your first zipline flight takes you above an undulating vineyard for thrill that’s not quite as intense as bungy jumping – New Zealand’s most famous adrenaline-pumping pastime – but just as exciting!
The second and third zipline flights take you across a valley, above a carpet of native forest. To add to the adventure, the gradient is gradually increased on these two flights.
Back on the ground, take an easy 1-mile (1.5-km) interpretive forest walk back to the visitor center on your own. You’ll have a map and helpful information boards to guide you as you walk and learn about New Zealand’s diverse flora and fauna.
After your eco-adventure, you’ll be returned to the island’s terminal, where ferries make the 40-minute trip back to Auckland roughly every hour (own expense, approximately $35 per passenger return ticket).