- 1.5-hour coach tour of Waiheke Island with round-trip ferry service from Auckland
- Hear lively commentary on the history and culture of Waiheke from your local driver
- Stop for photos at scenic lookouts and beaches
- Admire Waiheke’s stunning coastal vistas and beautiful hillside vineyards
- Receive an all-day bus pass to use at your leisure for further exploration of Waiheke Island
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, you will be welcomed by your tour driver to embark on a scenic ride by coach around the island. Your local driver will share lively and informative commentary as you cruise along, giving you a taste of the culture and history of Waiheke. You’ll cover a lot of the island in 1.5 hours, and enjoy fantastic views over the Hauraki Gulf.
Once a sleepy backwater, Waiheke gained a reputation for being a hippie haven in the 1960s. The first vineyard was established in the late 1970s, starting what is now a bustling artisan wine industry on the island. Today, millionaires and hippies alike call the island home, enjoying the island’s laid-back atmosphere, protected environment, lovely beaches and magnificent scenery. An abundance of wineries, cafes, restaurants, art galleries and small shops provide plenty of options for visitors.
At the end of the tour, you can opt to return to the wharf to catch the ferry back to Auckland, or you can spend more time on Waiheke and return at your leisure. You’ll be able to further explore Waiheke’s charms with a complimentary all day bus pass to use on the island’s public buses. Return ferries run until late on most evenings; check the schedule for exact details.
we had a very pleasant trip to the island and that continued with the the very comical and knowing driver that told us about the isle,and the lovely plants that grow there,we had a most enjoyable trip,Thank you
Excellent day out