- Wine tour of three vineyards on Waiheke Island with round-trip ferry service from Auckland
- Enjoy premium wine tastings at Mudbrick Vineyard and enjoy stunning views overlooking Hauraki Gulf
- Visit The Goldie Room, Waiheke's first vineyard and home to the Goldwater Wine Science Research Centre
- Taste 5-star quality wines at Te Whau Vineyard
- Receive an all-day bus pass to use at your leisure for further exploration of Waiheke Island
- Includes round-trip ferry tickets from Auckland
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures personal attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
When you arrive on the island, your small group will be welcomed by your tour driver in an air-conditioned coach. From there, head to your first tasting at Mudbrick Vineyard. Sip on wines as you enjoy stunning views of the lush gardens and hillside vineyards that overlook the Hauraki Gulf.
Next you’ll head to The Goldie Room, the first and most established vineyard on Waiheke. Established in 1978, the Goldie vineyard pioneered the island’s now bustling wine industry. Enjoy a selection of their premium estate wines and light appetizers while the knowledgeable and passionate staff answers any questions you may have.
Your final stop will be at the Te Whau Vineyard, an operation that opened in the late 1990s to rave reviews. Taste their award-winning selection as you get an overview of making wine, from growing grapes to the finished bottle. Te Whau specializes in cabernet sauvignon and merlot, but also produces a limited quantity of chardonnay each year.
At the end of the tour, you can return to the wharf via your coach for the late-afternoon ferry back to Auckland. Alternatively, you can stay on Waiheke to explore the island’s wineries and restaurants with a complimentary All Day Bus Pass for the public bus. Ferries to Auckland run until late on most evenings; check the schedule for exact details. You may not want to leave once you taste the fine wines of Waiheke!