- 1-hour or full-day kayak or canoe rental, in downtown Austin
- Explore Austin at your leisure by bicycle or boat
- Bike some or all of the ten miles of designated biking trails that line Lady Bird Lake
- Discover the plant and bird life along the shores of the lake
- Stop at Auditorium Shores, Red Bud Isle, or other lakeside parks
- See landmarks such as the Congress Street Bridge and Stevie Ray Vaughn’s statue
- Get a great perspective on the city from the water or bike trails
What You Can Expect
If you choose two wheels for your expedition, you can explore more than 10 miles of biking and walking trails that run along Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin. Or go further afield and tour Austin by bike at your leisure.
By kayak or canoe, paddle along miles of Lady Bird Lake’s calm water. Your rental includes all gear, including a clean boat, life jacket, and paddle. Lady Bird Lake boasts several miles of waterways to explore, with landing areas at various parks and docks along the shoreline. See a variety of birds, fish, and plant life in and around Lady Bird Lake, with trees such as bald cypress, cottonwood, sycamore, elm lining the banks.
Stop for a picnic in one of the beautiful parks along the lakeshore, stumble upon a music festival, or simply enjoy the fresh air and views of the Austin skyline. Landmarks along the shore include Stevie Ray Vaughn’s statue at Auditorium Shores, a large lakeside park. Auditorium Shores also hosts events throughout the year, including the Reggae Festival and Keep Austin Weird.
By bike or boat, you can head over to the Congress Street bridge at dusk to see thousands of bats take flight for the night, from March to November. The bats have become one of Austin’s favorite attractions for locals and visitors alike!
When you have finished your excursion, simply return your rental to the shop and be on your way to your next destination.