- 2.5-hour haunted Austin Segway tour
- Learn about the darker side of Austin as you visit haunted, spooky places with your guide
- Glide past the Texas Capitol Building and Driskill Hotel, where ghosts have been sighted
- Visit Lady Bird Lake’s Congress Avenue Bridge, whose massive bat colony emerges at night during summer!
- See the still-standing Austin Moonlight Towers, erected after a serial killer plagued the city in 1800s
What You Can Expect
Cruise down Congress Avenue to see the Texas State Capitol Building and the Driskill Hotel, known for its ghost sightings. Learn about the hotel's 'Suicide Brides' urban legend, which holds that two women committed suicide in the same bathroom 20 years apart on the same day.
Glide by the Austin Convention Center and down famous 6th Street, the heart of the live entertainment scene, until you reach the Austin Moonlight Towers. Built in the 19th century, these lighting structures illuminated the city at night, and some say they were erected in response to the Servant Girl Annihilator, a serial killer who plagued the city in 1884. Learn from your guide how Austin is one of the world’s only cities to still operate these towers.
Head to Lady Bird Lake, a reservoir on the Colorado River with the city skyline as a backdrop. Here, see the Congress Avenue Bridge, home to one of the world’s largest urban bat colonies. From mid-March to early November, before migrating to Mexico, free-tailed bats reside under the bridge and emerge from their slumber at dusk!
You’ll make stops along the way to take photos and learn about the sights you see. Return to Lavaca Street in the late evening to conclude your tour.
Great fun! Our tour guide Greg was terrific and we loved zooming around the city.
I absolutely LOVE Segways!! I was a little concerned about Segwaying after sundown but the guide had the safety of the riders in mind at all times. Thanks