- Independent tour of Avignon and Provence from Avignon
- Fast-track entry with audio guide to the Popes’ Palace and Pont d’Avignon
- Choice of half-day minivan tours: the Luberon villages of Gordes and
Roussillon; Les Baux de Provence and St Remy de Provence; Van Gogh; or
Culture and Wine tour
- Tour by minivan seating a maximum of eight passengers
- Professional driver/guide
What You Can Expect
The Pont d'Avignon (Pont St Benezet) was the first construction over the Rhone river, between Lyon and the Mediterranean sea in the 12th century. The bridge had 22 arches and covered approximately 900 meters linking Villeneuve les Avignon to Avignon. The bridge collapsed in the 17th century and the king did not want to pay for restoring the bridge. Today, the bridge has 4 arches, and is still so famous for the French song "Sur le Pont d'Avignon"
There is no guide or transport included. Your ticket allows fast track entry to the above attractions.
Choose a half day minivan tour (8 persons maximum) with French and English speaking driver from the following tours:
- Lavender and villages in Luberon (Gordes, Roussillon and Lavender Museum) on Tuesday morning, Friday morning or Wednesday afternoon
- Stone Monuments (St Remy de Provence, Les Baux de Provence and Pont du Gard) on Wednesday morning, Tuesday afternoon or Friday afternoon
- Van Gogh in Provence (St Remy de Provence, Les Baux de Provence and Arles) on Monday morning, Saturday morning orThursday afternoon
- Culture and Wine (Orange and Chateauneuf du Pape) on Thursday morning, Monday afternoon or Saturday afternoon
If you're a lover of history, this is a 'must see' in Avignon. It comes with the flexibility of seeing the Pope's Palace at your own pace, as well as the ability to select a half day tour from a good set of choices. On top of this, the guide was very professional and well informed - the mini van was quite modern and comfortable.
It was ok.