Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- 4-hour Provence olive oil and wine tour from Avignon
- Stop in Les Baux de Provence to admire views of the lush Provencal countryside
- Visit an olive oil mill and sample quality AOC olive oils with your expert guide
- Tour a Provence wine estate in the foothills of the Chaîne des Alpilles
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
After a quick break in the town to stretch your legs, continue your tour to an olive oil mill to see where Provence’s top-notch olive oils are made. Classed as prestigious Appellation d'Origine Controlée (AOC) products, Provencal olive oils are produced under strict governance to guarantee their quality and low acidity. After a tour of the mill to see how the olives are pressed, sample a few of the intensely fruity oils, each made from a blend of different olives.
Hop back into your minivan and travel to the foot of the Chaîne des Alpilles – Provence’s mountain range – to visit one of the region’s famous wine estates. Organic and biodynamic wines account for nearly 85 percent of the region’s wine production, and you’ll taste several of these wines at the estate. Learn how Les Baux wines are defined by Provence’s multi-faceted soils while exploring the vineyards with your guide.
Your tour finishes back at your Avignon hotel in the early afternoon.