- Small group tour of Orange, Les Baux de Provence and Arles from Avignon
- See the Roman ruins of Orange, including the Triumphal Arch and Antic Theatre
- Wine tasting at Chateauneuf-du-Pape cellar
- Walking tour of Arles' Roman and medieval buildings
- Free time for lunch and exploration in Orange or Arles
What You Can Expect
Stop at the Antiques of Saint Remy de Provence (Triumphal Arch and funeral monument) among olive trees, landscape painted several times by Van Gogh.
Visit Les Baux de Provence, a village set upon a rock at 245 meters high and in the spectacular historical center, see the museum of santons, the Hotel des Porcelets, beautiful 16th century houses, the St Vincent Church.
Lastly, a walking tour of Arles, with it's rich architectural heritage, the famous Roman amphitheater and theatre, the Romanesque Cathedral and the famous places painted by Van Gogh, including La maison jaune, Le café la nuit and Le jardin de l'hotel Dieu.
Free time for lunch and market in Orange (on Thursdays) and Arles (on Saturdays). The order of visit will then change accordingly.
Very good tour including Roman ruins in Orange and Arles, and the unique hill top city of Les Baux. Enough free time to roam about and take in all the history.
Excellent tour for experiencing both the Roman sites and learning about Van Gogh. Melanie was an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide. If you only have a short time in Provence, this tour maximizes use of your time. Each stop was definitely worthwhile.