- 4- to 5-hour trip to Orange and Châteauneuf-du-Pape from Avignon
- Marvel at the Triumphal Arch and the Roman amphitheater in UNESCO-listed Orange
- Explore the vineyards of the Rhône Valley with your guide
- Enjoy panoramic views over the French countryside from the castle at Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Visit a local wine cellar and enjoy a tasting session of the region’s famous wines
- Tour includes round-trip travel from your hotel in Avignon
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Widely considered home to some of Europe’s best-preserved Roman architecture, the UNESCO-listed town of Orange is the jewel in the crown of Provence! Follow your guide through the town and marvel at the ancient sites you find.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Great tour. Our tour guide Emilie was very informative and sweet. She picked us up from the hotel and we saw Orange and the vineyards of Chateauneuf de Pape and had a very nice wine tasting at one of the wineries. I recommend this tour
Money well spent!
The Roman arch and ancient theater in Orange are wonderfully preserved and important to see. The theater has a very good audio guide that comes with the tour. We enjoyed the tastings at the working winery and also the visit to ruins of the Pope's old chateau. Our guide Julian was excellent, fun, helpful.
It was good, and the tour guide quite helpful. I really would have preferred to have a wine tasting at several wineries in Chateauneuf du Pape, but that was not an option.
Wine and antiquity. What a combination! We thought the tour was fantastic.
Virginia was our tour guide and she was WONDERFUL! We loved our experience. Thank you!
Excellent tour. Vanessa was a great guide and tour was pitched just right to cover a lot without rushing
Extremely enjoyable - a really helpful guide and a very good tasting at CNduP but the theatre at Orange was magnificent well worth the money
My wife and I enjoyed this trip very much. Our tour guide was wonderful (our 2nd trip with her) and knowledgable. We think that such short or full day trips are the best way to see many local sites in an efficient, comfortable and relaxed way.
Tour guide was professional, cheerful, engaging, and knowledgeable about the sites visited. The tour was conducted promptly (pick up and drop off, keeping to schedule). The size of the group was just right (8, including our party). I would highly recommend this tour and the guide, Virginie. We had a wonderful time.