- Private tour of Provence’s Roman landmarks from Avignon
- Visit the Pont du Gard aqueduct, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Witness the fascinating, well-preserved Roman remains in Nîmes
- See the Arena of Nîmes, the Maison Carrée and the imposing Tour Magne
- Learn about the history of each sight from your knowledgeable private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle included
What You Can Expect
Again, our driver/guide was delightful but we only visited two of the three places listed in the promotion material. We went to Uzes and the Pont du Gard, but not to Nimes. However, the tour was still enjoyable and our driver was very knoweagable.
My low rating starts with the fact that when you browse the mobile application to book you see a tour from 37 Eu, but you are charged 153 Euros. There does not seem to be a way to see how this changed prior to committing and paying. And as of this date nobody at viator has responded to my inquiry. . .wonder if we will use them again.
The tour guide Nicolas was excellent and did everything he could do to make it so. But the time is extremely short. Parking in Nimes far from the Mason Carree - leaves only time to pay the expensive entry at the Arena to go in for 5 minutes so that there is time for Maison Carree - where you only see the outside as there is no time to go in. The Pont du Gard visit is well worth it, but again time is very short.
These are remarkable places and they definitely deserve more time or a different arrangement,