- Private day tour from Avignon
- Visit Les Saintes Maries de la Mer, a gypsy pilgrimage site
- Enjoy a cruise on the Rhone River
- Watch for the fauna of Camargue, including the white horses and black bulls that frolic in the distance
- Have free time to explore Aigues-Mortes, a medieval city founded by Louis IX
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Discover the rest of the Camargue while you enjoy a cruise on the Rhone River. In the distance you can see white horses and black bulls running free among the flora of the wetland region. This wonderful scene is combined with the beautiful pink legs of flamingos which add an exotic touch to the Camargue. The largest river delta in Western Europe provides a unique ecosystem where you will see some of the hundreds of species of birds that inhabit the Camargue Natural Park.
After your cruise you will visit Aigues-Mortes, a medieval city founded Louis IX, King of France, who wanted to build a harbor on the Mediterranean Sea. Learn all about the history held within the city walls as you use your free time to wander around and discover all that the Camargue's largest town has to offer. Some of the key sights include Constance Tower, the Ramparts, Notre Dame des Sablons, an early gothic style church, St Louis Square and the Statue of the King, all of which you can discover before your drive back to Avignon where your tour will end.