- Cooking class and market tour in Avignon
- Follow your passionate chef-guide through a local market to pick out your ingredients
- Prepare a traditional Provençal meal in a private 15th-century home
- Enjoy your freshly prepared meal at the end of class
- Take the recipe sheets home with you
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Getting Stuck Into itPhoto by: Sueinisa
- Lovely KitchenPhoto by: Sueinisa
- Cooking ClassPhoto by: Robert D
- Great post-lunch group photo ...Photo by: Robert D
- the classPhoto by: Jenny S
- The crewPhoto by: Cookie
- Chef Caroline and CookiePhoto by: Cookie
- Chef with MariePhoto by: Cookie
- The amazing kitchenPhoto by: Cookie
- Chef CarolinePhoto by: Cookie
What You Can Expect
These are examples of dishes that might be included, but the chef will decide on the set menu on the day of the class.
Black-olive tapenade and Anchoïade (anchovy paste) with Provençal herbs
- Artichokes barigoule (braised artichokes in a broth)
- Roasted veal with honey
- Cod fillet roasted with turmeric
- Chocolate mousse with a Sault macaron
- Fresh fruit soup with a whipped basil cream
Wine, mineral water and a choice of tea or coffee
The tour was exceptional from start to finish, Jean Claude the chef was very entertaining and inviting. The owner of the inn was charming and delightful, the visit to the market left my wife envious of French culture and the cooking experience was fantastic. The food in the end was amazing and we were lucky enough to have a really great group of people to share the experience with. if you splurge for 1 tour in Avignon, this is the one to spend your money on.
What a great day, for the price you couldn't go wrong, the chef Jean Claude was terrific and very entertaining... Drank wine all day along with cocktails and ate and helped achieve a wonderful dinner... Highly highly recommend this trip... The market tour was fantastic as well.
Lots of fun with Jean-Claude! Still waiting for the recipes though.
This tour was definitely fantastic. Loved every moment of it!! I would recommend to anyone and everyone!!
This was really fun! The market tour was informative and more extensive than just a shopping trip for our lunch. Our Chef was creative, talented and very fun as well. A great addition to my trip!
Fantastic cooking class, lunch, and so much more! The day started with guided shopping at Les Halles market with Chef Caroline, who showed us all her favorite stands. Her grandmother passed down the recipes for the traditional, seasonally-driven Pronvecal dishes we made—what a delicious and interesting way to learn about the area’s culture and history!
The dishes were elegantly simple and refined, and Caroline gave expert instruction on cooking techniques, knife skills, and running an efficient home kitchen.
And what a great house too! The owner, Corrine, basically turned large rambling property into a living art studio with many super-interesting, multi-dimensional pieces (even the bathroom was a work of art!). She joined the group for lunch and wine, and the five of us had a wonderful time eating, sipping, and learning about each other’s cultures.
Overall a great value and a top-notch experience, easily the highlight of our trip in Avignon!
spectacular! love the class! the venue is located in local classic house. the hostess and the chief are amazing! learnt a lot and had a great time. I am glad i done this!! it's very very good especially for me coming from different culture!
Lots of fun and very informative.
Everything about this day in Avignon was perfect. The location of the facility was this amazing home in the center of town, right near the market. We were made to feel so welcome in this home/restaurant/shop with the amazingly perfect kitchen. Everything was so clean and pristine. Chef Caroline Millet was so helpful, informative and patient. We learned so much and enjoyed every minute.
I really enjoyed this cooking class. Such a buzz at the Les Halles Markets.... Caroline was lovely... I would have loved to have taken the recipes home with me though. The tour of the place with the owner was great, soooo French and quirky.