- 9-hour wine tasting day trip through Provence from Avignon
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the wine-growing territory of Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Visit two local wineries with your guide and sample the wines during tasting sessions
- Marvel at the UNESCO–listed Pont du Gard, a Roman aqueduct
- Visit the medieval villages of Les Baux de Provence and Gordes, high in the Alpilles Mountains
- Tour includes round-trip travel from your accommodation in Avignon
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures personal attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you’re visiting Provence and can’t decide whether to focus on the wine or the history, this tour is for you! Enjoy tasting sessions at two wineries in the Châteauneuf-du-Pape territories and marvel at the mighty Pont du Gard, a UNESCO–listed Roman aqueduct.
What You Can Expect
A very comprehensive tour of wineries with knowledgeable guides and tasting of excellent wines. Including Pont du Gard, Les Baux and Gordes is a great idea. The tour guide was extremely pleasant and competent
We loved the tour and all that it included. Perfect combination of wine tasting , quaint villages, and historical landmarks. We covered a lot of ground in one day.
Julie B Canada
Carolyn G USA
Angela C USA
Mary Carolyn B USA
Well this tour started off well. The pick up was on-time. Our guide was very nice and took us to two wineries in the morning. Things were well organized and things moved along smoothly. The second half of the trip was a little less smooth. Several of the villages we visited did not have anything open this time of year, something that the guide and Viator should have been aware of. Our guide improvised and did the best that she could and I have to say she definitely gets an "A" for effort. We ended up deviating from the original tour to make things work, however had we followed the original plan I would have found this trip a bit too long. Building in a nice lunch along the way would have been a good idea. Definitely better to take in warmer climes.