- Small group tour to towns of Provence and the Luberon from Avignon
- Famous Pont du Gard bridge
- Village of Les Baux de Provence
- Lavender museum with distillation demonstration
- Visit the pretty villages of Roussillon and Gordes
- Enjoy personalized attention from your expert guide on this small group tour
- Pickup and dropoff from Avignon hotels
- Eight-seater minivan transport
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After a stop at the Antiques of Saint Remy de Provence, a triumphal arch and funeral monument in a field of olive trees painted many times by Vincent Van Gogh, you'll journey to the Luberon, made famous by Peter Mayle in his book A Year in Provence.
You'll also visit Roussillon and the dry-stone village of Gordes, one of the most beautiful villages in France. Finally there's a visit to a lavender museum to discover the floral symbol of Provence. You'll witness a distillation demonstration during the harvest (from July to August).
Our guide on the day was terrific, even pointing out to us where to buy the best lavender icecream. The weather was superb. Would have liked more time in Rousillon and Gorde.
A very enthusiastic guide. Loved the tour -- the Sunday market, lavender museum, lovely little Provence towns and the Pont du Gard. He knew his area well, since he was from the area, and had many interesting stories to relate.