- Full-day Rhône Valley wine tour from Avignon led by a knowledgeable guide
- Travel to a wine estate near Mont Ventoux and ‘blind taste’ wines and olive oil
- Spend time at leisure in the vibrant little market town of Beaumes-de-Venise
- Sample rosé wine an outstanding Tavel chateau
- Learn about Rhône Valley viniculture and sample renowned Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine
What You Can Expect
Stop at a wine estate in the foothills of Mont Ventoux for a tour of its cellars, fermenting rooms and bottling rooms, learning all about wine cultivation in the area as you go. Listen to your knowledgeable guide explain how all of your senses can discern your taste for different wines, and then discover it for yourself during a wine-tasting session. Sample up to five different wines (red, rosé and white) plus quality olive oils, and then take a stroll around the vineyards.
Hop back into your minivan and travel to the charming town of Beaumes-de-Venise to explore independently or have lunch -- your guide will give tips for the best places to eat!
In the afternoon continue your tour through the prestigious Rhône Valley, where you’ll visit two more wine estates. Sample crisp rosé wines at a chateau in the Tavel wine region, and then end your tour on a high note by sampling the internationally acclaimed Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine at another chateau. After learning all about the characteristics of these incredible Rhône Valley wines, return to your Avignon hotel where your tour ends.