Immerse yourself in the beauty of Rhône Valley wine country on this half-day tour from Avignon. In a small group, wind through verdant hills en route to two esteemed wine estates where you’ll take guided tours and taste sumptuous AOC-classified wines, from crisp rosés in Tavel to an array of world-class varietals in Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
- 4-hour Rhône Valley wine tour from Avignon led by an expert guide
- Discover two significant Rhône Valley appellations: Tavel and Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Visit a Tavel wine estate and sample its crisp rosé wines
- Learn about the AOC classifications that indicate superior quality wine
- Explore a Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine estate and sample this world-famous wine
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your 5-hour tour begins with afternoon pickup from your Avignon hotel. Relax as your minibus winds into the verdant Rhône Valley, a fertile and faceted wine region with many distinctive appellations.
Visit two acclaimed wineries, starting in the Tavel region, where tastings of the estate’s signature rosés are complemented by a stroll through the lovely grounds. Sip on hand-selected wines while learning about the area’s terroir (environmental characteristics), and note the exquisite color and flavor that distinguishes Tavel’s prized wines.
Next, drive east to the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape region, where the prestigious Appellation d'Origine Controlée (AOC) regulations were developed. While at the wine estate, you’ll learn more about the AOC rules that set the standard for fine wine as you stroll through facilities and enjoy a tasting session including several beautiful samples. By the end of the tour, you’ll better understand the rich ecology of the Rhône Valley and the elite art of viticulture in southern France.
Relax on the scenic ride back to Avignon, returning to your hotel by early evening.