Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group wine tour, ensuring you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- 4-hour Rhône Valley wine tour from Avignon led by an expert guide
- Discover two significant Rhône Valley appellations: Tavel and Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Visit a Tavel wine estate and sample its crisp rosé wines
- Learn about the AOC classifications that indicate superior quality wine
- Explore a Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine estate and sample this world-famous wine
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
The first stop of your day is at a wine property in the Tavel region, famous for its production of deep pink-colored rosé wines. On a tour of the estate, learn about the terroir (characteristics of the local environment) that influences the taste and color of Tavel wines, and then sample a selection of the best, noting the crisp dry flavors that make these exquisite wines so prized.
Continue to another wine estate, just to the east of Tavel, in the renowned Châteauneuf-du-Pape region. Producing arguably the most famous wine in France, the area is also where the Appellation d'Origine Controlée (AOC) regulations originated. Products with this prestigious AOC label are guaranteed to be of a high quality and are prevalent throughout the entire Rhône Valley region.
On a tour of the property, learn about the strict AOC rules that the region’s wine estates must follow in order to produce these sumptuously rich wines, and then sample a few glasses with your guide. As you savor the complex fruity flavors that characterize Châteauneuf-du-Papes, you’ll realize why this beautiful wine remains virtually unmatched around the world.
Your tour finishes back at your Avignon hotel in the early evening.