Numbers are limited to eight people on this small-group tour ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- 4-hour Rhône wine tour from Avignon with an expert wine guide
- Visit an esteemed chateau in the foothills of Mont Ventoux
- Learn about the red, rosé and white wines of the Rhône Valley’s Ventoux appellation
- Try five Ventoux wines during a wine-tasting session and learn how to taste wine by applying all of your senses
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Head to a wine estate in the foothills of Mont Ventoux for a tour of its cellars, fermenting rooms and bottling rooms, learning all about wine cultivation in the region as you go. The Ventoux appellation (wine-making region) produces a mix of red, rosé and white Rhône Valley wines made primarily from grenache, syrah, cinsaut, carigan and mourvèdre grapes.
Then it’s time for the highlight of your tour – a wine-tasting session featuring five of the best Ventoux wines! Listen to your knowledgeable guide explain how all of your senses can discern your taste for different wines. After looking closely at the colors of the wine, sniff their aromas, taste their flavors and feel their textures as you sip! Complete your chateau tour by strolling along the footpaths in the vineyards, seeing rows of immaculately kept grapevines. Your tour ends back at your Avignon hotel in the afternoon.