- Small group Roman sites day trip from Avignon
- Small group tour by minivan
- Nimes’ amphitheater, Maison Carree temple and Augustus’s Gate
- Maximum of eight passengers
- Unesco-protected Pont du Gard aqueduct
- Palaces, cathedral and tower in the nearby town of Uzes
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Continue to the charming city of Uzes, set in the garrigues countryside. A ducal seat, a bishopric and consular seat, Uzes has preserved its lay-out as a medieval stronghold, embellished in the 17th and 18th centuries. See the Place aux Herbes (picturesque square), the episcopal palace, the ducal palace, the Fenestrelle tower and the Cathedral. Outside of Uzes is the catchment area of the Roman aqueduct (Pont du Gard) that brought spring water to Nimes.
Visit of the famous Pont du Gard , amazing vestige of a 1st century Roman aqueduct and protected by the UNESCO.