- 5.5-hour Roman sites day trip from Avignon
- Admire top city attractions like the Augustus’ Gate, the Castellum and the Roman amphitheater in Nîmes
- Visit the ancient stronghold of Uzès with your guide
- Discover the Episcopal palace, the Fenestrelle Tower and Saint-Théodorit d'Uzès Cathedral
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Pont du Gard, a famous Roman aqueduct
- Enjoy beautiful views over the Gardon River
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures personal attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The south of France boasts some of the most impressive Roman sites in Europe. Admire the Pont du Gard, a UNESCO–listed Roman aqueduct, and discover thousands of years of Roman history in the ancient city of Nîmes.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Great way to travel if you don't have a car!
fantastic tour. Went at the right time of the day and ended when it was cooler. Tour guide Violet was very informative.
In spite of the weather, this was truly a fantastic trip with a wonderful guide.
Great tour - Nicolas gave lots of interesting and useful information, helpful maps and then left us to explore - perfect!
Nicolas was knowledgeable with interesting facts to share. We had sufficent time at all 3 sites. The van was comfortable.
This tour was amazing!
This tour was a highlight of our Paris stay. Linda, our guide was outstanding!!! Well worth the money!
Ruins are a must-see, especially Pont de Gard. Guide was informative and helpful.
Thoroughly enjoyed this tour to Nimes,Uves and Pont du Gard. Our guide who was very good and very knowledgable picked us up at our hotel and provided information about the countryside as well as the sites. Travelled in a van for 8 but only 4 of us that trip,very comfortable.
The tour was brought forward 1/2 hour on account of the short November afternoon.This was a good move- it meant we were just in time to see the Pont du Gard from both sides of the river before the light faded.
Excellent tour, guide was great, and did a brilliant job, particularly considering she had to drive the mini bus as well as be a tour guide. Very knowledgeable and professional. Enjoyed the entire trip, the Amphitheatre at Nimes, The Maison Carree temple, the walk around the charming town of Uzes, but the highlight of the tour for me was the aqueduct Pont Du Gard at the end of the trip, awesome! Would thoroughly recommend this trip.