- 5.5-hour Roman sites day trip from Avignon
- Admire top city attractions like the Augustus’ Gate, the Castellum and the Roman amphitheater in Nîmes
- Visit the ancient stronghold of Uzès with your guide
- Discover the Episcopal palace, the Fenestrelle Tower and Saint-Théodorit d'Uzès Cathedral
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Pont du Gard, a famous Roman aqueduct
- Enjoy beautiful views over the Gardon River
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures personal attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The south of France boasts some of the most impressive Roman sites in Europe. Admire the Pont du Gard, a UNESCO–listed Roman aqueduct, and discover thousands of years of Roman history in the ancient city of Nîmes.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
I didn and #39;t end up going on this tour. They called to say that there were no other bookings so I was moved onto another, I was then late for that one due to train delays. I called them and they moved me to the next day. Was a wonderful experience, Remy was an excellent guide. Loved every second of it.
Our tour guide was great. He gave us excellent advice about how to spend our time, answered our many questions and offered great background on the sites. Like all tours of this type, it can seem rushed but it is a great way to see these types of interesting places if you don't want to drive yourself and have limited time--the tour makes great use of the time you have.
From the pick up at hotel Carol was a fantastic guide explains all the history . All the stops for us was well worth doing and so glad we did this tour Special stNd out was the Roman Aqua Duct bridge with the sun setting .thanks Carol we loved our tour on our 33 rd anniversary from Carol and Will Australia
Great way to travel if you don't have a car!
fantastic tour. Went at the right time of the day and ended when it was cooler. Tour guide Violet was very informative.
In spite of the weather, this was truly a fantastic trip with a wonderful guide.
Great tour - Nicolas gave lots of interesting and useful information, helpful maps and then left us to explore - perfect!
Nicolas was knowledgeable with interesting facts to share. We had sufficent time at all 3 sites. The van was comfortable.
Michaelanne G USA
This tour was amazing!
This tour was a highlight of our Paris stay. Linda, our guide was outstanding!!! Well worth the money!