- Enjoy a private, full-day tour in Bali
- Visit a village near Ubud and learn about the local craft of woodcarving
- Experience a fortune reading by a local astrologer and receive a blessing from a Balinese priest
- Learn about local cuisine as a family prepares a home-cooked lunch
- Walk with a professional private guide around the village
- Feel the bliss of a Balinese massage
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle included
What You Can Expect
Next, enjoy a savory culinary experience as you learn about local cooking methods and the fresh produce, herbs and spices used in Balinese cuisine. While a local family prepares a typical dish such as sate lilit, your private guide accompanies you on a walk around the village compound, where you’ll gain insight into the local architecture and the layout of rural villages. After immersing yourself in Balinese village life, return to the house and dine on your tasty lunch!
Your memorable tour isn’t complete without a 1-hour Balinese massage, and your state of bliss comes in two phases. First, plunge into a swimming pool that overlooks the rice fields, allowing your body and mind to slowly relax. Then, let the trained masseuse work those muscles and send you into a state of calm and peace. Using a combination of techniques drawn from Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic medicine, including acupressure and aromatherapy with essential oils, your practitioner brings your whole body into balance by kneading muscles and folding skin to promote blood flow and energy. Divine!
After this amazing experience, your guide will transport you by private car back to your hotel in the early evening.