- Explore off the beaten path as you travel by 4WD vehicle into through the countryside
- Visit remote villages, ancient temples and hot mineral baths
- Admire lush rainforest scenery and dense bamboo groves
- Enjoy a local Balinese lunch with views on Batukaru Mountain
- See the patchwork of rice terraces
- Great photo opportunities of the countryside
What You Can Expect
Visit a stone quarry where large rocks are cut from the cliffs to create temples and shrines. See hand-carved deities scattered around the island and admire a mix of modern and traditional architecture as you travel through remote villages. Stop at a small farm for morning tea and see fields of vanilla, coffee and cocoa.
As you travel farther into the mountains, you’ll notice how the air becomes cooler and the scenery changes. Pass through dense bamboo groves as you head toward the sacred Batukaru Mountain. When you arrive, take a short walk to the jungle camp for lunch at the restaurant. Soak up sweeping views as you enjoy local Balinese cuisine accompanied by complimentary soft drinks, beer, wine, tea and coffee.
Afterward, journey to the ancient, holy hot mineral baths nestled among the rice paddies. Learn how these baths are still used today and are as popular as ever. After seeing the baths, your tour will end and you’ll be taken back to your hotel.
Beautiful scenery and a very informative and interesting guide, and lunch is amazing!
Driver was polite and eager to please. Visited a real Balinese home where people were geniine and welcoming. The cascading rice paddy fields were amazing but the highlight was the restsurant cradled high up in the rainforest. Best setting and best food we had in Bali.