Visit Canada's famous glaciers on a full-day seasonal excursion from Banff. Your personalized small group tour takes you through an awe-inspiring landscape carved by glaciers and remnants from the last ice age, as you travel along the Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most scenic highways.
- Day trip to Athabasca Glacier from Banff
- Gaze at the stunning glaciers and remnants of the last ice age
- Enjoy breathtaking views as you travel along the Icefields Parkway
- Go on an exciting, optional all-terrain onto the glacier
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from most Banff hotels
What You Can Expect
On your trip to Canada's glaciers, you'll hear stories of the early explorers who opened up these valleys. You'll enjoy an alpine picnic and visit the Columbia Icefields Centre, with the opportunity to join an exciting all-terrain tour onto Athabasca Glacier (included in the cost of the tour).
Highlights of the tour include:
- Lake Louise: A brief photo stop at the most famous lake in Canada
- Crowfoot Glacier: One of the day's many up-close glacier views
- Peyto Lake: The classic emerald green jewel of the Canadian Rockies
- Saskatchewan Crossing: A rest stop/coffee break
- Mountain picnic lunch: Enjoy a hearty lunch with your choice of sandwich at a scenic stop along the Icefields Parkway
- Bridal Veil Falls: Fantastic view over the Icefields Parkway and the falls
- Columbia Icefields: Venture onto the Athabasca Glacier on the Ice Explorer!
- Bow Lake: The headwaters of the mighty Bow River
This tour is seasonal, operating from April through to October.
Ham & Cheese on Ciabatta Bread, Cheddar Cheese, Leaf Lettuce **Honey Mustard, **Mayonnaise
Prime Rib on Ciabatta Bread, Swiss Cheese, Leaf Lettuce, **Dijon mustard, **Mayonnaise
Veggie on Multigrain Bagel, Lettuce, Cucumber, Arugula, Red pepper, Red onion, Pesto Aioli
(** Can be ordered without any of these ingredients)
Also Included: Apple, Brownie, Juice, Water, Maple Cookies.
Great scenery, great tour. Highly recommend this tour.
A wonderful experience. The drive was very pleasant and the guide informative and well organised. I would thoroughly recommend this tour.
This was an outstanding tour. The tour guide was fantastic. Full of knowledge and always willing to help and offer information. Highly recommend this. Some more time on the glacier would have been nice.
Very enjoyable day. Our guide, Jack, picked us up on time and provided very knowledgeable commentary during the whole tour. At Lake Louise we had time to walk around the lake and take in the beautiful scenery. At the glacier it was snowing and visibility was low due to the conditions but it was still a worthwhile experience. On the return journey Jack stopped to allow us to view elk by the side of the road.
the drivers and guides for the day were fantastic, the whole trip was a great day not only the ice walk.
Wonderful trip! I loved every part of it!