While in Banff, enjoy a mild whitewater-rafting trip on the Kicking Horse River, the premier rafting river in the Canadian Rockies. On this half-day tour, spend an hour paddling Class II and III rapids at a leisurely pace with your knowledgeable guide, and then enjoy a BBQ lunch. This activity is perfect for families and those seeking a calmer river-rafting experience.
- Mild river-rafting adventure on the Kicking Horse River near Banff
- Experience the premier rafting river in the Canadian Rockies!
- Enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery as you paddle through Class II and III rapids with your guide
- Play some beach volleyball and enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch
- Perfect activity for families and those seeking a calmer rafting experience
What You Can Expect
Your half-day river-rafting tour departs from Kicking Horse Road in Golden, approximately 1.5 hours west of Banff. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by your guide and given a safety orientation. Then, strap on your safety gear, hop in your raft, and start floating at a leisurely pace down the Kicking Horse River.
Take in the beautiful mountain scenery as you paddle along the Class II and III rapids with the help of your guide, who’ll teach you about the history of the area. Enjoy a peaceful float along the glacial river, looking out for wildlife along the way.
After your ride, head to your private river base to play some beach volleyball and enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch while viewing a slideshow of your rafting adventure.
- Choice of main dish: free-range chicken, Alberta angus beef or vegetarian burger on a fresh-baked bun
- Assorted salads
- Choice of dessert: triple-chocolate fudge cake, triple-berry crumble, butter tart squares or carrot cake
- Hot and cold drinks
Great fun. Guide was superb. Highlight of the holiday for my children!
Possibly my fault but i had no idea this was 1 hour and 45mts driving distance away from my hotel. I booked this as a Banff visit - actually had I known exactly where this was I would have booked it when I was staying at Lake Louise which was much closer. Nevertheless - we got up early and drove 120km into BC for this. Excellent guide, preparation and equipment - only regret was I felt slightly unsatisfied after the event - 1 hour long ride 9which is sufficient) but only to the tail end we see some Class 3 rapids and suddenly it is over. Trip could have been more balanced interim of Class 1, 2 and 3 rapids.