While in Banff, enjoy a mild whitewater-rafting trip on the Kicking Horse River, the premier rafting river in the Canadian Rockies. On this half-day tour, spend an hour paddling Class II and III rapids at a leisurely pace with your knowledgeable guide, and then enjoy a BBQ lunch. This activity is perfect for families and those seeking a calmer river-rafting experience.
- Mild river-rafting adventure on the Kicking Horse River near Banff
- Experience the premier rafting river in the Canadian Rockies!
- Enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery as you paddle through Class II and III rapids with your guide
- Play some beach volleyball and enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch
- Perfect activity for families and those seeking a calmer rafting experience
What You Can Expect
Your half-day river-rafting tour departs from Kicking Horse Road in Golden, approximately 1.5 hours west of Banff. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by your guide and given a safety orientation. Then, strap on your safety gear, hop in your raft, and start floating at a leisurely pace down the Kicking Horse River.
Take in the beautiful mountain scenery as you paddle along the Class II and III rapids with the help of your guide, who’ll teach you about the history of the area. Enjoy a peaceful float along the glacial river, looking out for wildlife along the way.
After your ride, head to your private river base to play some beach volleyball and enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch while viewing a slideshow of your rafting adventure.