Take off from your hotel for a relaxing evening tour of an illuminated Bangkok by private vehicle. Your guide points out the city’s top landmarks on a drive through the old quarters, where you see the Grand Palace, the Royal Ground and temples twinkle along historic Ratchadamnoen Avenue.
Follow your evening excursion with a lavish a la carte dinner at the Deck restaurant, featuring signature Thai dishes (see Sample Menu below). Dine alongside the Chao Phraya River with the stunning Wat Arun (Temple of the Dawn) and city skyline as your backdrop, and enjoy a cocktail from the boutique hotel’s rooftop bar (additional expense).
Follow up with a stroll through the colorful flower market, Pak Khlong Talat, where you’ll find myriad varieties of exotic orchids and sweet-smelling blooms. This bustling market, open 24 hours a day, is best experienced at night when the crowds die down, and you can observe the vendors shuffling flowers on and off their mopeds.
Continue to a nearby night market, situated along the Memorial Bridge overlooking the river. You’ll have time to rummage for handicrafts or souvenirs to bring back home for family and friends before your guide returns you by private vehicle to your hotel.
Sample Menu (subject to change):
- Tom kha gai rom kwan (smoked chicken, boiled quail egg and galangal soup in coconut milk infused with truffle oil)
- Yum mamuang pla salmon (grilled maple salmon with green mango, macadamia nut and chili jam dressing on salad)
- Gaeng phed moo yang (grilled kurobuta pork in red curry sauce)
- Phad yod mara waan (wok-fried chayote tip, dried chili and grilled orinji mushroom)
- Steamed jasmine rice
- Cream brulee khing (ginger)
- Coffee or tea
- Cocktails (own expense)