Thailand is predominantly a Buddhist country with around 95% of Thai's practicing the Theravada discipline of Buddhism. As you wander the streets of Bangkok it is not unusual to see monks adorned in their maroon and yellow colors walking along the road and it should come as no surprise as Thailand has over 26,000 Wat's (the local name for temple).
- Visit three of the most famous temples in Bangkok on your own private tour
- Visit 'Wat Pho' - the temple of the Reclining Buddha, the largest Buddha in Bangkok
- Explore the temple of the Golden Buddha, made of solid gold
- Visit 'Wat Benchamabophit' - the majestic Marble Temple, made of Italian marble
- Your own private tour guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Recent Photos of This Tour
- This was the first temple ...Photo by: sheena cheong S
- Bangkok Temple Tour!Photo by: Marybeth A
- Dominic and Me at Reclining ...Photo by: Andrew P
- Dominic and the Golden BuddhaPhoto by: Andrew P
- Buddhas and usPhoto by: Tynan J
Australia, 12 2009
- Golden BuddhaPhoto by: Blesilda B
- Temple TourPhoto by: Blesilda B
- our tour guide from tour east ...Photo by: MAYBELLE S
- OfferingsPhoto by: Andrew P
- Golden Buddha Temple GroundsPhoto by: Andrew P
- Reclining Buddha HeadPhoto by: Andrew P
- Golden BuddhaPhoto by: Andrew P
- Reclining BuddhaPhoto by: Andrew P
- The Golden BuddhaPhoto by: Andrew P
- Golden Buddha TemplePhoto by: Andrew P
- Karen & TinyPhoto by: Tynan J
Australia, 12 2009
- The Marble TemplePhoto by: Tynan J
Australia, 12 2009
What You Can Expect
On this privately guided half-day tour you will visit three of the most famous wat's in Bangkok - Wat Traimit, Wat Pho and Wat Benchamabophit. A Wat is a Buddhist building where both men and women can be ordained as monks or nuns.
Wat Traimit is also known as the temple of the Golden Buddha. The 3 meter tall statue is made from solid gold and weighs 5.5 tons and is a fine example of Sukhothai style art.
You will then pass through Chinatown on your way to Wat Pho, the temple of the reclining Buddha. At 46 meters in length and 15 meters high the Buddha is the largest in Bangkok and illustrates the passing of the Buddha into nirvana.
Your last stop is at Wat Benchamabophit, or the marble temple. This magnificent monastery was built out of white Italian marble from Carrara in the late 19th century.
I think this should be a mandatory tour on tourist map of Bangkok. My tour guide tried very hard entire tour to provide me window of history at all three places. She did outstanding job. This tour by itself is very interesting.
Everything perfect. A wonderful experience
This tour was amazing!
Amazing tour, guide Kity is excellent, she knows everything and more, she gave as very good tips of the city and nice restaurant (Cabbage and Condons) and local shopping places (MBK Shopping Center) and Night Market
This tour was very interesting made more so by our private guide who was extre,Ely knowledgable on the subject. It really was enlightening to see the temples and our guide gave us plenty of time to take photos and also took pics for us. Highly recommend a private tour as it is so much more personal. Not to be missed if you are in Bangkok.
My boyfriend and I really enjoyed this private tour. Our tour guide was Ms. Pearl. She was really friendly and she was so kind to wait for us as we were slightly late.
She brought us around the temples and helped us take our pictures.
It was a wonderful experience.
I would go again for sure.
Over the top! Learned a great deal and enjoyed the special attention.
Great tour, private tour necessary as the temples are PACKED.....
Is a most do the mos amazing budda statue I seen in Bangkok, tray to use fresh clothes is very hot weather