This half-day private sightseeing tour in Bangkok is a must for anyone visiting Thailand's capital city. On this private tour you will have the opportunity to explore the complex, which houses a number of attractions including Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) in the company of a local Thai guide.
- Your own private tour guide
- Explore the Grand Palace, Bangkok's main tourist attraction
- Visit Thailand's holiest religious statue carved from jade at the Wat Phra Kaew, the temple of the Emerald Buddha
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected Bangkok hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Built in traditional Thai architecture mixed with European designs, The Grand Palace complex, once the official home for the Kings of Siam, is unquestionably one of the Thailand's major tourist highlights. The King still uses the Grand Palace for certain ceremonial occasions and the regal flavor within its enormous royal grounds is still evident. During the tour you will visit the Royal Funeral Hall and the Royal Coronation Hall.
The main centerpiece of the complex however is the 45 centimeter Emerald Buddha. Carved from just one piece of Jade it is the holiest and most revered religious object in Thailand. The Emerald Buddha is housed within Wat Phra Kaew, which is a very ornately decorated building whose roof tiles reach up into the sky.