- Private day trip from Bangkok to Damnoen Saduak and the Rose Garden cultural center
- Get out of the city to see pieces of daily Thai life and culture
- Explore the bustling Damnoen Saduak Floating Market by long-tail boat
- Watch traditional Thai skills such as silk-weaving on display at the Rose Garden
- Be entertained by cultural activities like Muay Thai boxing and sword fighting
- Enjoy a lunch of Thai cuisine
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle included
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, board a long-tail boat with your guide to explore the busy, colorful market where vendors sell fruits, vegetables, flowers and sweets right from their canoes. This is one of the most famous floating markets in Thailand, and it can be crowded, but if you wish to get off the beaten waterways, you can rent another boat to take you through the smaller, often more peaceful canals (time permitting; own expense).
Once you’re back on dry land, you’ll be driven to the Rose Garden cultural center, a resort-style attraction 20 miles (32 km) west of Bangkok. Enjoy lunch at the garden’s restaurant, and then spend the rest of your tour immersed in Thai culture.
At the traditional village within the resort, see Thai villagers make handicrafts and demonstrate other skills such as weaving silk, making pottery, painting umbrellas, weaving mats, carving fruit, pounding rice, making masks and dolls, and crafting silver and lacquerware. See authentic Thai period costumes, different styles of native architecture and antiques from around the country. You can also watch displays of cultural activities like Muay Thai boxing, sword fighting, dancing, a wedding ceremony and an elephant show.
When your time at the Rose Garden is up, you’ll be returned to your hotel in Bangkok, where your tour ends.
We were never rushed and treated extremely well. We were very informed and given personal attention and even cold packs for our necks to cool down. (The heat can get to you.) The car ride to the Rose Garden takes a little while but is worth it. We rode in nice, clean and comfortable air-conditioned sedans. The gardens are beautiful and lunch, elephant ride and show were wonderful, too. We really got our money's worth!
Our guide was not as helpful as other guides we have had. The floating markets and cultural center were very interesting.