- Private day trip from Bangkok to the Bridge on the River Kwai
- Visit this often-emotional site — the start of the Death Railway — with a private guide
- See the Allied War Grave and visit the JEATH War Museum
- Learn about the POWs who worked on the construction of the bridge and railway during WWII
- Take a long-tailed boat ride on the River Kwai to the bridge
- Thai lunch included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Bride Over River KwaiPhoto by: Lee M
- Sobre a ponte, sob o sol...Photo by: Romy B
- Kanchanaburi War CemeteryPhoto by: Arfon J
United Kingdom, 04 2015
- Arriving at the BridgePhoto by: plucka73
- Speedboat ride to the Bridge ...Photo by: plucka73
- River Kwai BridgePhoto by: Debbie A
Malaysia, 11 2012
What You Can Expect
Loved it ! From pickup to drop off this tour is fantastic great day out
Excellent - very good guide
excellent tour our guide was very knowledgeable, really nice lunch.
Excellent - no words to describe.
We all really enjoyed the tour. The guide we had was lovely and very informative.
We were a party of 5 from aged 14 to adults.
I would definitely recommend this to everybody.
great guide, great food and great service
This tour was a real surprise for us all, we consisted of 2 Adults and 2 Children but although this was somewhat of pilgrimage for us Australians we really enjoyed the day out. I was surprised to find the tour included a Long Tail boat ride to the bridge and a 90mins train ride on the railway to our lunch spot. Lunch was a buffet as we had a number of groups on that day but all the food was local Thai food and great. There wasn't anything the kids didn't like. Wat was our guide and he was very knowledgeable on all parts of the tour making sure we didn't miss anything and warning us as we approached for the camera shots. The tour was quite long and does go for a whole day. We were picked up at the hotel at 6:30am and did not return until after 4pm. The drive out was at least 90mins and the return trip after lunch was at least 120mins but our kids are good travellers. There was also an option of a Elephant ride price not included in tour for those wanting more after lunch which would make the return time 6pm or later.
My friends and I loved this day out. Our guide and driver took care of us well and everything went like clock work. The highlights were the boat trip up the river to the bridge and the train ride along the river and over the wooden viaduct....just spectacular. Lunch was very good too. Highly recommend it, great value for money.
An unbelievable experience. Don't miss the opportunity to do this trip
Lovely Guide very, very moving experience. Would have liked more time at Cemertary and Museum, but to be fair it all depemded on the arrival of the train. Tour went well and was so comfortable, Very pleasent driver and Guide. Would recommend highly.