Visit the Ayutthaya temples on a cultural day trip from Bangkok, it's a highlight of any Thailand visit. The tour to the ancient capital of Siam includes a trip by riverboat, a must-do activity when you're in Bangkok, with close-up views of the temples and historic sites that line the Chao Phraya River
- Day trip from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, former capital of Siam
- Spectacular ruins and intact temples
- Wat Chai Mongkol's Reclining Buddha statue
- Riverboat cruise along the Chao Phraya River from Ayutthaya
- See Wat Mahathat and Buddha's head entwined in tree roots
- English-speaking licensed guide
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Pickup and drop-off from central Bangkok hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- AyuttayaPhoto by: Graham D
Australia, 07 2010
- AyuttayaPhoto by: Graham D
Australia, 07 2010
- Ayutthaya RuinsPhoto by: Mark E
United Kingdom, 05 2009
- Wat MahathatPhoto by: Artur D
- Ayutthaya Historical ParkPhoto by: Richard M
- Ayutthaya RuinsPhoto by: gary b
- the summer residencePhoto by: gary b
- AyutthayaPhoto by: Prana77
- Ayutthaya TemplePhoto by: TSZ HANG W
- Aytthaya TemplesPhoto by: TSZ HANG W
- Ruins at AyutthayaPhoto by: plucka73
- The King of Thailand's Summer ...Photo by: plucka73
- ayutthayaPhoto by: Maryna P
- AyutthayaPhoto by: Ikasari W
- View from the Chao Praya RiverPhoto by: Czarina
- Ayutthaya Ancient TemplesPhoto by: Czarina
- Buddha's head in a treePhoto by: Limberg B
- Reclining BuddahPhoto by: Christine J
- River cruisePhoto by: Deana J
- Long Boats Speed PastPhoto by: Deana J
What You Can Expect
The Unesco World Heritage site of Ayutthaya is 53 miles (85 kilometers) north of Bangkok. Ayutthaya was a thriving Siamese kingdom from 1350 until 1767, when it was captured by the Burmese. Today, Ayutthaya is know for its spectacular ruins and temples. Many of its temples are still intact, such as Wat Phra Sanphet, Wat Mongkhon Bophit, Wat Panangcherng and Wat Chai Mongkol, known for its large bronze statue of the Reclining Buddha.
You will also see the summer palace of King Rama IV with its mixture of Thai, Chinese and Gothic architecture. The palace is a well-preserved 'museum', providing a glimpse into a time when Thailand was known as Siam.
On your full-day guided excursion from Bangkok you will visit Thailand's former ancient capital by van and returning to Bangkok by boat. During the boat cruise from Ayutthaya you will see temples such as Wat Arun lining the Chao Phraya River.
Absolutely fantastic! Well worth the money. The tour included a tour of the summer palace which was just beautiful. The temple ruins were fantastic and the cruise was elegant and serene. I was pleasantly surprised with the delicious buffet and elegant service. The tables had linens and the staff was attentive and very pleasant. Our guide Ken was knowledgeable and very accommodating. In short, this tour is a MUST!
This was a fantastic tour! If you only do one, make sure it is this one. Seeing the ruins and going on the boat are all first rate. Our tour driver was excellent. This was the first thing I did in Thailand and I couldn't of been happier.
very nice day trip for the day lot to see. Ayutthaya over the bus ride out of the city was about 2 hours to the sites.
Great day tour and will give you a good history of Ayutthaya and the outstanding temples around the area. I would have to say it was exceptionally hot that day, so a bit unpleasant, but still worth the experience.
Our guide was exceptionally knowledgeable of the area and provided exceptional history of the Thailand and Ayutthaya, which was a great precursor leading up to the actual tour.
For travelers who want to get a good history lesson of Thailand and see exceptional ruins, book this tour.
Excellent visit to Summer Palace and Ayutthaya Temple, with a very knowledgeable guide. Followed by a relaxing river cruise and good buffet lunch.
Great tour. Victor was very informative and provided lots of details at each stop. Very good value for the money and I was surprised we were able to see so much and still get back to Bangkok before dinner.
Great trip with excellent guide: Victor. He gave us not only an overview of the Thai history, religion and philosophy of life, but he also gave us a lot of information about Thai society and day to day life.
He took us in so many places with so many wonderful stories, like we would have spent 1 whole week in Thailand. Also very well organized trip vane, bus, cruise ship etc.
Excellent trip which lasted most visible part of the day. The tour lady provided good explanation of each of 3 places we visited thru the day. This is one of the MUST tours outside of the town. The food on the boat back to Bangkok was of a good quality. Organization pick-up and drop-off at hotel of tour was good and without delays.
This tour was amazing!
Great value for money, worth every penny! I love our tour guide Donna she was very knowledgeable on both Chinese and Thai culture. The ruins were my favriote part. The buffet lunch was also great with lots of variety. Ending with a lovely cruise down the river. Great end to a perfect day! Book now!