- 5-hour Bangkok tour including almsgiving, flower market and Grand Palace
- Take part in an authentic Thai Buddhist ritual of giving alms on this Viator Exclusive
- Tour the Grand Palace and Pak Khlong Talat flower market with a local guide
- Visit Wat Phra Kaew, Temple of the Emerald Buddha, to see Thailand's most revered statue
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bangkok city hotels with transport by luxury bus included
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 8 people ensures a personalized experience
- This combo tour cannot be booked anywhere else!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Our guide was very good with his explanation of this tradition, how to approach the monks, and what kind of offerings are made. It was a very full tour done professional and with an eye on educating us about the history, religion and present day issues of Bangkok and Thailand.
This tour was amazing!
Really good trip with an enthusiastic guide.
Bernard P USA
Very good tour. I give the tour four stars but I would only give the tour guide three stars. I thought it unprofessional that she was reading her email, taking photographs and purchasing food for diner during our tour.
Morning Buddhist Almsgiving happened at marble temple - many vendors approaching to sell fish and items. Local arrive to give the alms, happened at street level so was not a solemn experience that I expected.
Flower market - guide explained one side is local and another imported flowers. Showed sample flowers used in temple offerings. Overall ok experience - no beggars approached to ask money. Place was wet so best to use rubber or covered shoes to avoid getting muddied.
Grand palace tour - arrived early, hundred of Chinese tourists made the whole place and experience unpleasant. The actual structures are very interesting but I did not understand what the guide said or she could not give her orientation because the Chinese were shouting, shoving and crowding the structure or item being explained. IT WAS THE MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE I have had in a spiritual site.
UPSET - our notice said pick up at 5:30am, tour guide arrive at 6am showed me her job order. We were both right and punctual but the person who gave us time references made the mistake. This is very unprofessional.
The tour guide wasn't as well informed as I would have liked.
started at 6am and we finished the morning buddhist almsgiving at 7am, and we didd not have anything to do till 8:45 since grand palace opens late. Waste of time.