- Full-day trip to Món Sant Benet from Barcelona
- Explore the Benedictine monastery of Sant Benet de Bages (St Benet Monastery) with an expert guide
- Discover the monastery’s long history and learn about the monks who lived there
- Savor a selection of tantalizing local wines during a wine tasting session
- Upgrade to include a delicious 3-course lunch
What You Can Expect
On arrival, meet your guide and marvel at the grand beauty of the Benedictine monastery of Sant Benet de Bages (St Benet Monastery). One of the best-preserved medieval monastic sites in all of Catalonia, St Benet Monastery was founded in the 900s. With centuries of history behind it, the monastery beautifully showcases many influences, from 10th-century Romanesque art to 1900s Modernism.
Pass through the entrance and ogle the incredible architectural details and ornate ceilings. Follow your guide as you make your way along the stone-walled corridors and take in the fascinating stories and details about the monastery’s history that are brought to life through award-winning, state-of-the-art projections and multimedia.
Next, treat your senses with a wine tasting session. Discover how winemaking in the neighboring regions is said to date back to 4th century BC. Then, savor a selection of wine from the Bages designation of origin, a regulatory classification system primarily for Spanish wine.
After your tasting, you’ll enjoy around three hours to spend as you wish. If you’ve upgraded, make for La Fonda restaurant, where you’ll sink your teeth into a tantalizing 3-course lunch, washed down with a glass of wine, water or soda.
Then, with your appetite sated, return to your coach and journey back to central Barcelona where your tour concludes.