- 2-hour Pablo Picasso-themed walking tour of Barcelona, led by an expert local guide
- See the places important to Picasso when he lived in Barcelona in the late 19th and early 20th century
- View locations such as the Llotja Mar, the art school where he studied, and Els Quatre Gats, the café he frequented
- Explore the atmospheric La Ribera quarter, where he had a studio before moving to Paris
- Enjoy skip-the-line entrance to the Picasso Museum, home to over 4,000 of Picasso’s artworks
- Admire the highlights as your guide explains the paintings and Picasso’s techniques
- Learn about Picasso’s early life and the people and events that influenced his art
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Picasso was a regular at the famous El Quartre Gats café, whose name translates as the The Four Cats. As well enjoying regular tipples here, it was also the stage for his first ever art exhibition.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
This tour was really interesting and fun. We used headsets so it was easy to hear the guide as we navigated the narrow streets to the museum. We had several stops along the way where the guide shared stories of why the area was important to Picasso and then showed us pictures of work produced that was influenced by that area. Our guide was so knowledgeable and obviously passionate about Picasso, history and art in general. The tour of the museum was enhanced as we had heard about the various phases of Picasso's art and then could see it as we toured the museum. Wonderful experience!
Wonderful experience! Walked through Gothic and Bon district of Barcelona to Picasso Museum! Our guide Carlos was amazing and so knowledgeable to explain all the history and the paintings! This tour is highly recommended! Just wear comfy shoes as it is a walking tour for approx 1.5 hrs before you get to Museum!
This was a great experience and well worth the price. Viator hires the most knowledgeable tour guides and I felt like I knew so much more about Picasso by the end of the tour. I found it quite impressive and skip the line is the only way to go when it's tourist season. What lines? None for us.
This is a great way to make the best use of a limited amount of time. The tour guide was knowledgeable and a fast walker between stops! This was a very good value.
This was a brilliant tour. The walking tour dealing with the history of Picasso and his developing style was so informative. It made the museum visit so rich. Our guide was fantastic - so knowledgeable and passionate about Picasso. We couldn't recommend this highly enough!! First rate.
The tour was great. Our guide was knowledgable and on time.
We are very pleased for taking this walking tour. Outstanding history, beautiful scenery and a well informed tour guide! I learned things about Picasso on the walking tour that I didn't learn in school. I highly recommend this tour! You will get more than your money's worth!
Very interesting and informative cultural tour. Now we know more about the Guernica's author. The museum is an amazing place. Finally, thank you so much to Marta our wonderful guide.
Excellent all, and the guide so inteligent.