- Visit Barcelona Zoo for a fun and educational day
- Spend a day at Spain’s most modern zoo in the middle of Barcelona’s Parc de la Ciutadella
- Learn about Snowflake, Barcelona Zoo’s famous white gorilla
- Visit spacious enclosures and see big cats, hippos, monkeys and more
- See dolphins without getting wet in the dolphinarium
Reproducing the natural habitat of the animals that live in it, Barcelona Zoo is split into different spacious sections with open enclosures for mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles. Additional areas include the ‘infants’ zoo’ where kids can get up close to tamer animals, and the dolphinarium, where friendly dolphins perform in front of large viewing windows.
Until recently, Barcelona Zoo was particularly well known for being the home of a rare white gorilla called Snowflake (Floquet de Neu), who sadly died in 2003. To keep the memory of Snowflake alive, the zoo is passionate about helping endangered gorillas – participating in numerous endangered species awareness and conservation programs.
See all the big-name animals that you’d expect to see in a top zoo, like hippos, lions, tigers and monkeys, as well as animals that are native to Spain, like the Iberian wolf. As you explore, learn all about these fascinating creatures from information signs and interactive zones around the zoo.
With plenty of leafy picnic areas, cafés and restaurants on site, you can eat lunch at the zoo (own expense), or simply sit down and relax in between seeing Barcelona’s impressive collection of animals!