Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll see everything with personalized attention from your guide.
- Full-day Barcelona and Montserrat tour led by an expert local guide
- See top city attractions like Annela Olímpica (Barcelona’s Olympic stadium) on Montjuic hill
- Admire Antoni Gaudi architecture around the city, including La Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló and Park Güell
- Walk through Montserrat National Park and marvel at the breathtaking views
- Visit Santa Maria de Montserrat and learn of its status as a major Christian pilgrimage site
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
- Enjoy a personal pick-up and drop-off from your hotel or cruise port
Recent Photos of this Tour
Barcelona is famous for its links to Antoni Gaudi – Spain’s most celebrated Modernist architect – and the city is scattered with his highly acclaimed works. Stop outside for a panoramic visit to one of his more extraordinary creations -- the still-unfinished La Sagrada Familia cathedral -- and then pose for photos outside Casa Batlló with its eye-catching exterior.
Travel along the glitzy shopping strip of Passeig de Gracia, passing other architectural sites of interest like Casa Amataller and Casa Morera, and then head to the hills for a stroll through Gaudi’s Park Güell. Easily one of the most impressive public spaces in the world, the gardens are said to encapsulate Gaudi’s creative genius with an abundance of colorful mosaics and intriguing gatehouses.
After a break for lunch (own expense), hop back on board your minibus and travel west to Montserrat, the craggy mountain in the middle of Spain’s first national park. Walk through the park and learn about the area’s history, and head inside Santa Maria de Montserrat – the beautiful Benedictine abbey and basilica where thousands of Christian pilgrims have journeyed over the centuries. Learn about the Virgin of Montserrat (known as the Black Virgin) and take in incredible views toward Barcelona. If you’re lucky, you may catch a performance by La Escalonia – the oldest children’s choir in Europe – who performs regularly here.
Return to Barcelona by minibus, and finish your tour back at your central hotel or cruise port in the early evening.
Reviewed by Vicki H, Australia, May 2013
This was a FULL day tour and was excellent. Knowledgable local guide who provided historical and local information and spoke excellent English.. The three highlights, Park Guell, Sagrada Familia and Montserrat were outstanding. The trip out to Monserrat was beautiful. The tour is timed to hear the boys choir sing in the cathedral- stunning. Also included a lot of Barcelona city itself, like the Olympic stadium, the port, etc. Great value!
Reviewed by Melvyn J, Australia, April 2013
Excellent tour. Fantastic destination. Would do again.