- Half-day trip to the Royal Basilica of Montserrat from Barcelona
- Explore the basilica independently and see its 12th-century carving of the Black Virgin
- Enjoy spectacular views from the Montserrat mountains
- Learn about Montserrat’s history from an expert local guide
- Relax with transport by deluxe air-conditioned coach
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Our bestselling excursion outside Barcelona! You head up magnificent Montserrat to see the celebrated carving of the Black Virgin.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Its amazing to be herePhoto by: Sarah A
- Walking up to the monesteryPhoto by: Beany
United Kingdom, 06 2012
- Photo by: Richard C
- Montserrat Tour Participants ...Photo by: Theresanne S
USA, 07 2009
- MONSERRATPhoto by: antonio s
- From the stations climbPhoto by: Fernando D
- in front of the monasteryPhoto by: Monika Grafika
Colombia, 03 2015
- basilicaPhoto by: Monika Grafika
Colombia, 03 2015
- Interior of churchPhoto by: Ovi O
- Drive to MontserratPhoto by: Ovi O
- Monserrat valleyPhoto by: Chicken
- Royal Basillica squarePhoto by: Chicken
- MonserratPhoto by: Chicken
- Montserrat, entrance to the ...Photo by: Wilma Baker H
- MontserratPhoto by: vipul k
- The gardens behind the ...Photo by: Randy P
- MontserratPhoto by: Nancy P
- Montserrat Royal Basilica, ...Photo by: Varghese P C
Ireland, 06 2014
- view from the basilicaPhoto by: gregory Kennedy m
- View from the FinicularPhoto by: John W D
Australia, 01 2014
What You Can Expect
The Royal Basilica of Montserrat has been one of Spain's most important pilgrimage sites for hundreds of years, due to its famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Virgen Moroneta (the Black Virgin). On weekday afternoons, there is the opportunity to hear one of Europe's oldest children's choirs: La Escolania de Montserrat.
Having heard an introduction to Montserrat from your guide, learning about its importance in past and present times, use your free time (roughly 2.5 hours) to explore independently and discover the site’s magic on your own. Then, meet back up with your guide later to travel back to Barcelona by coach.
My husband and I loved. Gorgeous place.
We really enjoyed the tour. It was great to see the countryside on our way - so beautiful! Our tour guide was terrific and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Montserrat. It is so worth seeing! Thank-you.
Excellent tour of the basilica, it gives you an insight into history off Spain. This is our first time to Europe and we found the tour guides very informative. Their English is very good and the time we went there was a mass going on. Very moving and impressive. The ride by bus is also good in that you get to see how large the mountains behind the basilica are. If you have the time take this tour. We were there November 2015 and the weather was great, in the 70's.
Well way over priced.
We had a great guide and an excellent experience! Loved Montserrat! Be sure and make it part of your Barcelona tour!!
Montserrat has great views, but unfortunately you can't predict the weather and it was foggy all day with limited views of the mountains. However, it was still a great experience and our tour guide, Javier, was very gracious and kind. I wish we had maybe at least one more hour here to do more of the activities, but overall it is a nice place to visit! Thank you!!!
It was a great tour. The Art Museum was a special event.
Ava ... extremely pleasant, informative
This was a trip experience to be remembered. The journey to the abbey was almost magical as the clouds and mist covered the mountains, lifting as we arrived. Treasured the opportunity to hear the boy's choir, unfortunately just not quite enough time to see the Black Madonna - would've required another 45min.or so.