- Private day trip from Barcelona to Montserrat and a cava winery
- See the famous Black Virgin statue at the abbey on Montserrat
- Free time to explore Montserrat’s museum and scenic parklands
- Tour of the cellars and a tasting at either Freixenet or Codorniu winery
- Private English-speaking guide ensures personalized attention
You’ll also have time to visit the fascinating Museum of Montserrat, with its five collections ranging from Archaeology to the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture. Or discover the different walking paths on Montserrat. There are routes to suit all tastes and energy levels, from gentle strolls to fairly strenuous treks around the park area. All of the paths allow you to enjoy the unspoiled beauty of this protected natural park. For even more views, take one of the mountain’s two rack railways or the cable car (own expense), or simply savor the vistas from the café.
In the afternoon, leave Montserrat and head to Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, the center of Spain’s cava country. Two of the most famous sparkling wine producers of the Penedes region are Freixenet and Codorniu, and your tour includes a visit to one of their wine cellars, where the staff will show you how the delicious sparkling wine is produced. This will, of course, be accompanied by a tasting so you can find out exactly why cava has acquired such international fame.
This private tour from Barcelona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.