- Day trip to PortAventura theme park from Barcelona
- Explore one of Europe’s largest theme parks at your own pace
- Visit the park’s different zones: Mediterrània, the Far West, Mexico, China and Polynesia
- Keep the kids entertained in SésamoAventura where their favorite Sesame Street characters can be seen
- Take an exhilarating ride on Europe’s tallest rollercoaster – the Shambhala
- Round-trip coach transport from Barcelona included
What You Can Expect
As Europe’s second largest theme park, PortAventura has something for all the family. The park is split into different cultural zones -- each based on a region in a different part of the world – with a separate area for younger children, too.
Discover a typical Catalonian coastal town at Mediterrània, watch a Wild West shoot-out in the Far West, and discover the park’s most exhilarating rides in Mexico. The largest area is China, complete with a path themed to look like the Great Wall of China, and if you take a look inside Polynesia, you’ll discover the park’s serene rides. Kids will be more than happy at SésamoAventura, an area that’s themed around Sesame Street -- the timeless children’s favorite TV show.
Take a white-knuckle ride on the Shambhala – Europe’s highest roller coaster with a 256-foot (78-meter) drop – and check out Furius Baco, an accelerator ride that’s said to be the fastest in the world with a top speed of 84 miles (135 kilometers) per hour! Boat rides, water flumes, and white-water raft rides add to the fun, and there are several exciting experience simulators, too.
In between looping-the-loops on the park’s countless rides, why not sit down to recuperate while watching a show? Performances change daily, but you can expect to see dancing and acrobatic displays as well as a Sesame Street parade featuring much-loved characters like Cookie Monster and Big Bird. There’s also an array of restaurants to keep you from feeling hungry; sit down to feast on Mexican tacos, make the most of Marco Polo’s Chinese buffet or wolf down hotdogs while walking around.
Meet back on your coach at the pre-arranged time, and then return to Barcelona, finishing your tour in the early evening.