- 5-hour evening tour of Catalonia from Barcelona
- Witness a live ‘human tower’ rehearsal -- a tradition noted as a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Take part in a human tower display and form part of the tower base (optional)
- Small-group tour with a maximum of seven people ensures a more personalized experience
- Discover bars and restaurants where locals go and taste a variety ofSpanish tapas. Later on, live a human tower experience, a unique Catalan tradition, surrounded by more than 100 human tower builders. You can even get involved and have a go yourself!
What You Can Expect
Visit the most popular food market in Spain, stopping by local venues to learn about Spanish gastronomy. Taste a variety of tapas and 'pica pica,' which roughly translates to 'a little bit of this, a little bit of that.' Chat with your guide about Spanish culinary traditions as you sample foods like montadito, porró and buñuelos.
Continue your local experience by watching the building human tower, or castell. The practice of building castells is a feat of strength and community with deep roots in Catalonian culture. Castells have recently been named one of the UNESCO Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
After watching the display, you can choose to try it for yourself with your small group. Don the traditional outfit, and with the help of an instructor, learn how best to build la pinya, or the base of the tower made from human bodies.
Your tour ends in central Barcelona after five hours; you'll walk away with a souvenir photo of your group's castell.