Book and travel by 30 June and save 15% off our previously offered price!
- Small-group day trip to Catalonia medieval villages from Barcelona
- Visit the charming medieval villages of Besalú and Tavertet with your guide
- Enjoy free time in Rupit to visit medieval locations and have a traditional lunch at a local restaurant (own expense)
- Take in stunning views of the countryside from the Cingles de Tavertet sandstone cliffs
- See the beautiful Castellfollit de la Roca village located at the edge of a basalt cliff
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- BesaluPhoto by: Kenneth J
- Bresalu, April 2016Photo by: Ian R
- ChurchPhoto by: Kevin Fleming
United States of America, 11 2015
- The bridge taken from the ...Photo by: Steven G
United States of America, 06 2015
- From Last TownPhoto by: Michelle Y
- View from last TownPhoto by: Michelle Y
- Outside Monastery in BesaluPhoto by: Michelle Y
- Inside Monastery in BesaluPhoto by: Michelle Y
- Monastery in BesaluPhoto by: Michelle Y
- BesaluPhoto by: TiffC
Canada, 10 2014
- RupitPhoto by: TiffC
Canada, 10 2014
- RupitPhoto by: Judy
- Rupit village millPhoto by: Judy
- View towards the PyreneesPhoto by: SpindleA
- RupitPhoto by: SpindleA
- Besalu entrancePhoto by: SpindleA
- RupitPhoto by: cathy w
- A bridge in the second villagePhoto by: Tam N
- Entrance to first villagePhoto by: Tam N
- A view from the third villagePhoto by: Tam N
What You Can Expect
A wonderful day outside the city. Our guide Rob was terrific. Each of the three villages had their own charm. The ride up the mountain to the last village was spectacular ! Well worth doing.
We had a wonderful tour with Enrique--very knowledgeable, fun and friendly. The tour was well planned, however I felt we could have had more time to explore the first town, Besalu as there were several different locations to explore. The lookout at the last stop was also amazing!
I loved this tour! It was great to see outside the city walls and go back to ancient times. Really fun exploration of medieval villages and nice dining experience. It was cool to meet new people this way and share the experience, the tour gives plenty of opportunities for interaction. Highly recommend this for anyone who is into history and/or architecture and wants to see all the beauty of the surrounding areas.
Loved this tour! Beautiful and highly informative. Full marks to our tour guide Pep for providing interesting background history in a witty and emthusiastic manner.
Great driver/tour guide Pep aka Rodrigo. Vibrant personality and got us through dramamine roads. Besalu and Rupit the best...Tavertet forgettable and a ghost town. Recommend adding a medieval castle to this instead. Tour contracted out to a local tour operator across from Palau Musica in Gothic Quarter.
It was one of the highlights of our trip in Barcelona. David is a great guide and driver. We had enough time too enjoy all the places. Love the people in Barcelona and Spain!
Tour was interesting, and the villages have such peace and serenity that make one Long for those moments of silence. We went during the off peak season, tour only comprise of my Daughter and me, plus the tour guide. The places we visited were amazingly beautiful, and not to mention great tour guide!
This tour surpass all my expectations. Our guide was Joseph who was great, talkative and provided great explanations and insight. I believe it was around 14 people the day with did the tour which made it more intimate. We all got along great, we loved all three stops, the villages are amazing and the sightseeing getting there is breathtaking. We strongly recommend this tour and would love to do it again.
Travellers United Kingdom
Amazing tour. Joseph was an amazing guide . Being a small group tour it was all the more enjoyable. Would highly recommend.
Had a great time on the tour. It was very interesting to see the old villages. Guide was good and the four of us enjoyed the tour.
$100.67 Save $15.10