- 2.5-hour narrated walking tour of The Shadow of the Wind book sites in Barcelona
- Visit iconic Barcelona landmarks from the novel, like the Church of Santa Maria del Mar and Els Quatre Gats Café
- Discover the locations of the fictional Cemetery of Forgotten Books and the Sempere & Sons bookshop
- Explore off-the-beaten-path Barcelona squares and alleyways like Santa Anna Street and Baixada de la Llibreteria
- Become immersed in 1940s Barcelona with your guide's live commentary
Meet your local guide in central Barcelona, and dive into the story as you visit locations both real and fictional, and hear about the key plot points from your guide. Just like Daniel Sempere and Julian Carax, two of the main characters, you’ll walk through a labyrinth of mysteries and surprises.
Stroll down Rambla Santa Mónica and arrive at the Arch of the Theater, where you can imagine the aged carved wooden door that Daniel sees, the ‘old palace skeleton’ and the Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
Head through Plaza Real, Calle del Call and Baixada de la Llibreteria before making you way to Calle de Argenteria. You’ll soon reach the Church of Santa Maria del Mar and Montcada Street (Calle Montcada), where the Santa Lucia shelter and Xampanyet are located. Enjoy commentary from your guide reminding you of scenes from the book that happened in these places.
Continue to the famous Els Quatre Gats Café and Santa Anna Street, and then see a square with a church, where the Sempere & Sons bookshop is located in the novel. Walk along Canuda Street until you reach the Ateneo Barcelonés and the Palau de la Música Catalana (Catalan Music Palace), where your tour will finish. From here, visit the palace (on your own at own expense) or continue your exploration of Barcelona at your own pace!
Reviewed by Antonietta L, October 2012
Tour guide was very knowledgeable and ended up being a private tour. Wonderful to walk and see the different locations and buildings talked about in the book and l loved when the tour guide read passages from the book to emphasize a location or mood. Also was able to go into some of the stores and talk to owners. Great tour, brought the book to life for me.
Reviewed by John S, September 2012
Although I was the on;y English speaker the guide took the time between stops to tell me what was said. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.