- Half-day tour from San Sebastián to the Way of St James (Camino de Santiago)
- Walk along the medieval Christian pilgrimage trails around Ulia Mountain
- Admire breathtaking coastal scenery that featured in The Way, a 2010 film featuring Martin Sheen
- Enjoy a boat ride from Pasaia San Pedro to Santiago de Compostela
- Relax in a terrace bar and enjoy pintxos (Basque tapas) and txakoli, the local white wine
- Explore the atmospheric streets of Pasaia and learn about Victor Hugo, a French poet who loved the village
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is an exciting way to experience a small part of the Way of St James pilgrimage route and to immerse yourself into the Basque culture. The walking tour is challenging but your funny guide makes it entertaining! At the end, chat with fellow group members over delicious Basque food!
What You Can Expect
Known as the Way of St James or the Pilgrims’ Way, the coastal trail is now as popular for its views as it is for its history, offering incomparable vistas of San Sebastian and the Basque Coast. Made famous from the 2010 American film The Way (featuring Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez), the trails are perfect for scenic walks, so hop out of your minibus at the Lighthouse of La Plata to explore.
Follow your guide along the Way of St James’ rocky paths, enjoying stops a plenty to soak up the panoramas. The route heads down the hill and goes at a steady pace, allowing you to focus on the idyllic scenery stretched out before you. Stop in Pasaia San Pedro on the Bay of Pasaia, and learn about local village life and culture, hearing tales of pelota (a Basque boules game) and rowing competitions that take place in the town. Then, board a sightseeing boat to cross the waters to Santiago de Compostela.
Stroll to one of the town’s elegant terrace bars and take a seat to admire the views. Enjoy two plates of pintxos along with a glass of txakoli, the local slightly fizzy, dry white wine. After some well-earned relaxation time, continue walking to Pasaia – a captivating coastal village where the 19th-century French poet Victor Hugo found inspiration. Explore the narrow streets of the town with your guide, and then travel back to San Sebastian by minibus.
Your tour finishes with a drop-off at the start point in Gros, San Sebastián.