- 3-hour evening pintxos tour of San Sebastián with a friendly local guide
- Visit three award-winning pintxos bars around Constitution Square and the Gross neighborhood
- Learn about the history of Basque cuisine and the renowned food in San Sebastián
- Sample signature pintxos like stewed rabbit and fresh txangurro, the local spider crab
- Try popular Basque beverages such as txakoli wine and cider
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Experience a night out in San Sebastián just as the locals do! You’ll learn that pintxos bars not only provide great food, but also play a big part in the locals’ social lives; they’re great places to meet friends and new people.
What You Can Expect
As the region’s capital, San Sebastián flies the flag for foodies with its cluster of Michelin-starred restaurants and, of course, its ever-popular tapas bars. Serving up pintxos, a Basque variation of tapas, the bars are rammed to the rafters with locals and visitors alike who go to eat and be merry.
In between chatting about food, visit three of San Sebastian’s finest pintxos bars to try out their lovingly crafted specialties in each one. Dishes may change on occasion, but typically include a succulent rabbit dish paired with a glass of local txakoli wine and carrillada – stewed pigs’ or cows’ cheeks – with a glass of full-bodied Rioja Alavesa. Try artisan cheese, cider and even seafood delicacies such as txangurro, a spider crab dish.
The three bars are different in style, giving you a glimpse of the many types of pintxos bars in town. Learn the difference between a sagardotegi and sociedad gastronomica, and marvel at the creative flair shown in each one.
Your tour finishes at the third bar in the center of town, leaving you well placed to continue eating and drinking your way around San Sebastián, if you wish!