- Normandy Battlefields Sword Beach and British Airborne Sector tour from Bayeux
- Merville Battery Museum
- Visit the Hillman Bunker complex outside Colleville-sur-Orme
- Small group tour by minivan
- Commonwealth Military Cemeteriees
- Sword Beach, where the D-Day landings began
Visit Sword beach where 28,000 soldiers including 177 Free French soldiers, came ashore to start the liberation of Western Europe. They were the only French soldiers to be involved in the assaults on D-Day.
Next on to the Merville Battery Museum. The men of the 6th British Airborne Division under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Otway were tasked with the capture and destruction of the guns strategically situated to fire on the landings taking place three miles further west on Sword Beach. These men were missing equipment, ammunition and lacked communications. Also, despite the reinforcements that were meant to arrive during the attack not turning up, this small group of determined British soldiers managed to succeed in their D-Day mission, and this gun battery today remains as a museum to the testament of the courage of these men.
Reviewed by Anonymous, August 2010
Reviewed by Margaret D, United Kingdom, May 2010