- Private day trip from Caen to Mont Saint-Michel
- Walk up the mount to visit the 8th-century abbey
- Stroll through the ancient backstreets of Mont Saint-Michel
- Free time to enjoy lunch in one of the many restaurants of Mont Saint-Michel
- Private tour with English-speaking guide ensures a personalized experience
- Pickup and drop-off from central Bayeux hotels
What You Can Expect
Mont Saint-Michel is a rocky island just off the coast of Normandy. The well-preserved abbey from which the island takes its name dates back to the 8th century, and since then, buildings in several architectural styles have been built on the island, resulting in a diverse collection of architecture that you will admire as you walk through the narrow streets. Explore the abbey’s ramparts, and then browse the local shops and visit the island's museum. Make sure to also take in the views over the bay.
Then visit one of the creperies and treat yourself to a crepe – try the regional specialty, a galette bretonne (a buckwheat pancake with a savory filling). There are also numerous restaurants where you can enjoy lunch (own expense); try the seafood of the region, fresh from the fishermen's morning catch.